Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Don't tell me that.

We had our second ultrasound this morning. They told us good news and bad news.

Part of the good news is that Rusty got to come in with me to see the blurry blob that they said was our offspring. The other good news was that in six days, the baby showed eight days growth.

We even got to see the heartbeat!

The bad news: It was barely beating. A normal baby's heartbeat is between 120 and 180 (give or take). Little (my nickname for the baby inside me) had a heartbeat of only 63 beats per minute.

We were advised to have our third ultrasound in ten days. This time, it was to determine if the heart had sped up. The doctor told us that half the time they speed up, and half the time they slow down.

I just wish they hadn't told me that last half. Not only will I be a wreck until our next ultrasound, but Rusty and I are taking K and R (my almost-7 year old stepdaughter and my 5 year old stepson) on a 3 week roadtrip. Ten days was not possible, and now I'd have a dark cloud overhanging our entire vacation. I guess I just hoped for more optimism.

My new estimated due date is February 3, 2010, so we should meet Little at the end of January or early February. I still can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment